Saturday, November 28, 2020

CHANG'E 5 Launched !!

BEST OF LUCK CHANG'E 5 !!!!!!!!



 Chang'e 5 has launched and we on this planet that are excited about this space stuff wish it the best of luck!! Just think in less than a month we will have new samples of rocks from our moon!! Now I like taking my time creating these blogs but this mission is amazing . It's time line is so short . Yes , hopefully before Christmas it will be back on the good earth with some very interesting samples.




So here is a video of the launch. I have been around for many, many decades and I have seen via television many, many launches. I will say now that the last ten seconds of the count , whether it is in English, Russian, Chinese, or French are always so tense. I calm down when I see the light emerging from the rocket and see the ship slowly rise. That means the first crucial step of many has been a success.





Here is a picture of the lander and the ascent vehicle. Fascinating in that all of this will be done by robots. It takes its time and tries to collect as many rocks as it can and then place them into the ascent vehicle. This vehicle will then launch and link up with the orbiting ship. It will then place the samples into the ship. The return will then begin and in a few days it will enter orbit . It will release the samples for the reentry into the earth's atmosphere. It is scheduled to land Mongolia.


Now in a paragraph I have explained what will occur to the best of my knowledge. However I must remind those reading this that each of these steps is very complex and as more tasks are done there is a chance of errors and machine failures, or communication foul ups. Space exploration is vital for the future of all of mankind but it is still a risky business. 


It does my heart good to see China become a spacefaring nation. If we are to survive the troubles we face now and in the future we have to do it as human beings representing humanity. Regardless of the minor differences that separate us now these will be removed. It is ironic that the great expanse , that space is will be the place the greater expanses of politics and belief will be nullified.






Here is a picture of the moon. My how black is the horizon. It looks challenging but somehow inviting. Though it would be frightening at first I could picture my self inside a spacesuit bouncing around on that surface. I would be looking around talking to my fellow explorers via a radio link. It would take some time because in this possible future , women and men from all over our wonderful Mother Earth would be present. Our common language , hopefully English, would be hard for some , at first. It is hard for me at times and I have been corrected on its use after speaking it for over sixty years!! I know this is just an idealistic dream. However I cannot help it, for even now as I stand in my garden an look up at the moon, my mind drifts up to it!!


GO CHANG'E 5 !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment