Thursday, January 13, 2011

Here is a video of my Robot Tipsy. He is one of the older BEAM robots I had built a few years back. He worked ever so well and I would feed him with light and he would run ever so slowly. Unfortunately I moved from the basement to the top floor of my house. In the process of the move Tipsy hit the ground so hard that he broke. After almost a year I repaired him. One day I noticed something the basement could never offer , bright I mean really bright sunshine. So I rigged a very shakey platform and watched as Tipsy moved. His solar panel loves the sun and he triggers so quickly that it suprised and delighted me. As you can see he went faster than I thought he would and fell. However he was alright though it took me a little longer. The reason I call him Tipsy is that in his present configuration he has a tends to tip over.

1 comment:

  1. Darn it all, the original video was toooo big so after three frustrating hours I had an insight. The youtube video is quite compressed and the whole process took about three minutes. So that is why the times on the written post and the video are so different.

    ReplyDelete