Sunday, September 15, 2013

A very, very long voyage for Voyager !!

         
     It was announced very recently that Voyager has passed out of our solar system and has become mankind's first interstellar vehicle. I find that so exciting that I can barely stand it. However it must have been so minor for the rest of this world for it only warranted a small, very small mention in all the news that others think as important. 





















     My goodness Voyager 1 was launched in 1977 and it is 18.67 billion kilometers from the earth as the representation above indicates. It is absolutely amazing that it is still transmitting data to earth. The batteries should last till 2025. I look forward in great wonder to see what it discovers out there.



     Because of the nature of what is happening I also wonder if some other species discovers our brave little satellite. For do not forget that it has a record that they can explore.



You can see the gold record on the side !!!






      Here are the sounds of earth. So familiar to us and hopefully will make a good impression on those other species that will listen. I wonder what they will make of them ????  At the speed that our valiant spacecraft is travelling it will take a while, say 40,000 years to reach our nearest neighbor star. I always think that it would be sooner .


So my hopes and prayers go with that little robotic spacecraft I know it will do us proud!!!



5 comments:

  1. We'rе a grοup of volunteers and openіng a new ѕcheme
    in оur community. Your website prοvideԁ us with valuable informatіon to work
    οn. Υоu've done an impгessiνe ϳob and our еntire communіty will bee thankrul to уοu.



    Stop by myy webpage ... Stethoskop Littmann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that my humble words are helpful. That is one of the reasons I write my blog !! Your kind words are truly helpful to me. Thank you !!

      Delete
  2. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful article.
    Many thanks for providing these details.

    Here is my blog; paid surveys (paidsurveysb.tripod.com)

    ReplyDelete