Wednesday, March 18, 2020

COVID 19 KEEP CALM !!

     
    I have a t-shirt with this on it and I wear it often!! I have the sublime privilege of being able to this. I have assembled a mountain of parts and equipment and have spent many decades doing this delicious work. I have been lacking and lax at placing blog entries. That will stop soon . I do not rush my entries and so this blog is a breaking of this rule.

    Over the years I have been consumed by this most noble task of building robots. I usually keep my distance both physically and intellectually from those who do not share my interests. However in the midst of this biological crisis we now have social distancing . People rush by me and they stay in their cars when I pass too close. I think how great that is but then I notice the fear in their eyes. I argue that this will end soon and I get some who say it will get worse. Again the fear shows in their eyes.

     I am an old man and have seen many things and finally we will come through it. In a hospital in my home of  Toronto there is a plaque and it has this written on it: ' We are all angels with one wing, the only time we fly is when we help each other '. So as the world gets a bit too panicky I say : STAY CALM : , listen to the better angels of our nature and know that it will end. 

   Sadly we have the know nothing media, scared and passing the fear to millions. We have people running and buying out essential items when there is no need. We have governments that should of acted sooner , overreacting. I feel we need DR. WHO and not that WHO organization that should have been more proactive.

    I know as a human that lives on this most beautiful planet that as individuals we all have within us more power that we realize. We have a strength and resilience that we each can tap when we have to and that time is now. Let that be our guide out of this to a better world.

     I will leave you for now with a public service announcement that made me laugh. The Three Stooges are personal heroes of mine and I am considered by some as the fourth stooge. WE all need to laugh for that scares the fear away !!


No comments:

Post a Comment