Friday, December 18, 2020

HEY WORLD CHANG'E 5 DID IT!!!



 Way to go Chang'e 5!!! You did it WOW!!!  FANTASTIC !!!! MARVELOUS !!!!! I am so excited , so enthralled , so joyous!! The Chinese  National Space Agency  has accomplished something truly amazing. I waited and waited for the so called media to shout it from the rooftops to let the world know !! THERE WAS NOTHING mentioned!?? Thank goodness for the internet. I can announce to the world that Chang'e 5 left earth, landed on the moon, got some moon rocks, lifted off from the moon, transferred the rocks and came home. This was done in three weeks. WOW! WOW! WOW! I cannot get a parcel delivered on this small patch of Mother Earth in the same time.


The video above shows the thermal images of the capsule with those very precious moon rocks. This is the last step. However it had to drill on the moon for the rocks. I am thrilled looking at this because it is on the moon!!


Now that is has retrieved the moon rocks and stored them on the ascender it launches itself from the surface. It sends a chill down my spine watching it disappear!!




It has to transfer the rocks to the waiting orbiter module so they are secure for the three day journey back to earth.





Now here at this point in the mission I had to wait for days for something new. I waited and waited and I did not get any information, any videos about it leaving the moon's orbit or its passage back to earth. I wondered if it had achieved earth orbit. Then yesterday I saw the video of it landing. Now there are few real cool ones of it streaking across the sky. 




In this messed up world this is news that is happy. Mankind is accomplishing some innovative and gut wrenching great things. Here is a video of the capsule that survived re-entry being looked after carefully by the ground crew in a cold place on the good earth.




   Now the first part of this blog was a pleasure to write. What follows is my personal analysis of why, why, why and yes why the world is not taking note of this historic achievement. I find the American media completely absorbed with just the U.S. I feel they think the world revolves around them. Their space program was once supreme but they have dropped the ball, as they have done in the past. They use private enterprise at their peril to re-supply the international space station. It was because of the Americans refusal that the Chinese were not invited to join. How pathetic is that !!


    I am a proud Canadian and even though we are a small nation we have punched above our weight for decades. I am concerned at the state of affairs in our neighbour to the south. Yet our media is all excited that we will join the U.S. in a possible, maybe flight to the moon. Yes someday they will do this, someday they will do that. All I say is SHOW ME!! Do not talk the talk, instead walk the walk!! Show me concrete action, rockets and of course cold hard cash. 










The Chinese are doing great things and they are accomplishing feats of technical prowess. They have a vision and a great deal of courage. So now the ball has been passed to them, while the Americans and the Russians concentrate on the trivial, stupid and mundane and ignorant things on this planet.

Yes the world is suffering through a horrific pandemic and that is the focus of many. I am aware of this salient fact. However this expedition to the moon should be celebrated by all Mankind as a triumph for our species, a bright moment in an otherwise dark and dismal year!!

Why this story is not the first on newsflashes confounds me.




Well I care about this deeply so world hear me ROAR!!

CHANG'E 5 RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment