Thursday, July 2, 2009

Welcome

To those who will join this site I have a habit of entering a suitable title and enter. This means that my post is awfully short. However I am learning to get back and enter at least a few words.

Steve Grand was kind enough to let me humbly take over some if not all the members at Grandoids. I actually mean if they are willing to take a look at this site. I just set up this blog as a place to talk out loud, or should I say type out loud my ideas, thoughts , work, research in , on or about robots.

I am learning to add a few bells and whistles but for the time being it is pretty simple and till I get my legs, so to speak it will stay that way. Now that does not mean that there will not be engaging and witty blogs. Yes I am expecting a few comments from others. Also I feel the art of robot building is a serious and challenging one. However as you can probably tel by my style of writing I attempt to keep it light and funny and most of all fun.

I have found that most things in life give back what a person puts in. Robotics is the only thing other than my family that gives back more than I invest.

By the way the name of this blog is a play on words from Star Trek IV. After the crew had built that giant tank and brought the whales on board Scotty said happily " There be whales here !!"
I always liked that phrase and when I organized my first library, lab in a room I printed my rendition of it and placed on the door.

Now I wait to see what will occur, regardless I will be posting hopefully on a daily basis.

Again welcome

Take Care

Pius

6 comments:

  1. I shall be following you with interest. I am not a great blogger but I rarely have the opportunity to spout my comments to the real world so a blog just gets it off my chest :-)

    http://whanaufinn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow the original post was lost. No matter, I didn't say much.


    I'll be following your posts with interest and although I am not a great blogger myself, you may find a moment of amusement at:

    http://whanaufinn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Zola,

    You know blogging is like talking with a keyboard. This of course means more spelling mistakes. Glad to have you on board.

    Take care

    Pius

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Admiral! There be whales here!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this site from my pal who informed me on the topic of this website and at the moment this time
    I am visiting this web page and reading very informative articles or reviews here.


    Feel free to surf to my webpage; Free music Downloads (freemusicdownloadsb.com)

    ReplyDelete